Name: Mount Puting Bato
Location: Brgy. Guilon, Island Garden City of Samal
Activity: Hiking, Sightseeing
Mt. Puting Bato is a popular dayhike destination for the outdoor enthusiasts of Davao. It stands at 1755 feet Above Sea Level and it so named because of the characteristically white limestone wall. Although this white facade of the mountain has been obscured by vegetation, it remains a prominent feature of the island; its white peak visible in some parts of Davao City.
How to get there (Public Transport):
- From Davao City, take an Island City Express Bus going to Island Garden City of Samal.
- Drop off at Peñaplata and take a single motor to bring you to Sitio Tayapok.
- From there, follow the trail going up to the peak og Mt. Puting Bato.
- traverse to Canibad beach
- From the peak, it takes around 1hour to get to the beach, depending on your pace.
What to Bring:
- Food to eat
- Water to drink
- Extra Tshirts/Pants
- Tent (if staying overnight)
- Camera to capture moments
There are actually two trails to conquer the summit of Mt. Puting Bato: Guilon Trail and the Tayapok Trail.
Tayapok trail as it only requires approximately 30 minutes passing through an open trail and grassy upland.
Guilon Trail which led us to hike for about 2 hours passing though narrow, dangerous and bushy woods.
Canibad is also called “Hidden Paradise or “Little Boracay”